For the weekend starting September 12th we will have 3 crisp whites and 3 big reds to taste. First up will be the new vintage of the Craggy Range Sauvignon Blanc, followed by a very nice wine from Corsica and a top-class Albarino from one of Rias Baixas’ oldest producers. The reds start with a very highly rated 2006 Rioja Reserva, Ric Forman’s second label Cabernet, made from estate grown Howell Mountain grapes, winding up with the Pax ‘The Vicar’, mainly Grenache and topping out at 15.9% alcohol, although it is not noticeably hot. Taste all 6 for $25, individual pours from $3 to $7, taxes included. The tasting bar is open from 3.30 to 7.30PM.
- Craggy Range Sauvignon Blanc Martinborough 2013
- Maestracci Corse Calvi Vermentino E Prove 2013
- Palacio de Fefinanes Albarino Rias Baixas 2013
- La Rioja Alta Rioja Vina Arana Reeserva 2006
- Chateau la Grande Roche Cabernet Napa 2012
- Pax The Vicar North Coast 2011