People’s idea of what is Easter food seems to vary considerably, we have 6 food-friendly wines to taste, so you should be able to find something to pair with fish, turkey or ham. We will start with a Vouvray from one of that appellation’s top producers, Domaine Huet, followed by Pine Ridge’s consistently drinkable Chenin/Viognier blend and Chateau Lascaux’s Rosé. The reds are lighter in style, a 2007 premier cru Gevrey Chambertin, George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch Pinot Noir, finishing with the outstanding value that is the Col D’Orcia Rosso di Montalcino 2010. Taste all 6 for $25, individual pours from $3 to $8, taxes included. The tasting bar will be open from 3.30 to 7.30 Thursday through Saturday.
- Domaine Huet Vouvray Sec le Mont 2011
- Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier California 2013
- Chateau de Lascaux Rosé Languedoc 2013
- F. Esmonin Gevrey Chambertin Estournelles Saint Jacques 1er Cru 2007
- Viandante del Cielo Pinot Noir Marin County Skywalker Ranch 2010
- Col D’Orcia Rosso di Montalcino 2010