People often ask me how I choose the wines that we feature on the weekly tastings. This one takes more explanation than most. I wanted to start with a Champagne, and finish with a Port as they really are Holiday drinkers. One of my favorite big Napa Chardonnays has always been the Newton Unfiltered, and there was a holiday special from the distributor, so that was number 3. The WindanSea Sunset Red is great value, and makes a very popular ‘local’ gift, I found a Napa Cabernet Sauvignon from the superb 2012 vintage that I can sell for under $20, so there are numbers 4 and 5. Lastly we just received some Chateau Beaumont 2010 from the Haut Medoc, so those are the 6 wines, try them all for $25. Individual pours are 2oz from $3 to $9, taxes included, though the Port will be a 1oz pour for $4. The tasting bar will be open from 3.30 to 7.30 Thursday through Saturday.
- Bollinger Champagne Brut Special Cuvée NV
- Newton Chardonnay Napa Unfiltered 2012
- WindanSea Sunset Red Paso Robles 2012
- BonAnno Cabernet Napa 2012
- Chateau Beaumont Haut Medoc 2010
- Taylor Fladgate Tawny Port 20 Year